Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6.3.13 Bearings, Rally sign, trailer hitch

6.3.13

Learned how to pack bearings tonight from my favorite “borrow a husband” Tom.  I asked him if he could help me for a couple of hours last week and he has helped me wrap up EVERYTHING left ever since.  We moved the trailer to his shop last night where he has a lift and more tools than I could possibly image.  All I can think of is, “Where the hell has he, the shop, the tools, and the lift been the last 9 months? And if I had this at my house I would be restoring trailers for a living!”…. anywho, he has been a blessing, and he has a very patient wife, let’s hope she is still my friend by the end of the week.  J  After we cleaned the old bearings, repacked them, and attached them to the trailer we looked up how much to torque the wheels. (details, details).  Then was able to put on the baby-moon hubcaps – my favorite.

Tom, welding on the hitch crank!







Since Lizzy had her first sleep-over last night I felt lost when I went out to the carport and she wasn’t there.  So to kill time waiting for Tom, I dove into some of my decorating projects.  I worked on finishing up the curtains for the trailer and then worked on a sign for when I attend Rally’s.  I used an old piece of original unpolished tin for the backdrop and then attached the license plate lettering that I ordered online and popped the whole thing into a frame.  Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment