Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6.5.13 Decorating! (finally)


6.5.13

Today, I get to decorate!!  Woohoo, finally!  Everyone has their preferences.  For me I did not want to put a “theme” to the trailer, or fill it with Vintage décor.  I did, however, chose a color from the 1950’s color palate to accent with and then filled in the rest with what I like and what I felt would make it a comfy, cozy, homey, practical, useful space.  Don’t get me wrong, I have seen some adorable themed trailers and some trailers with some beautiful vintage items paying homage to the Vintage era – it just wasn’t what I wanted.  I chose a vintage Eifel Tower print and a vintage fan, a couple flamingo drinking glasses, and there will be flamingo’s outside the trailer as well and that’s it.  I also added a little bling with the chandelier because every girl needs at least 1 piece of bling.  (The drawer in the kitchen is being modified to accommodate the down spout of the sink which is why it is missing)





 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm going through a 15' '65 Aloha. I almost have all the skin off and set aside. Coming up is recreating the perimeter framing of the walls. I have a ton of ?'s regarding making the curved rim piece as well as framing details regarding ceiling panel and joist connection. I'd love to shoot you some pics for comment and/or see some additional pics you have of your process. Please shoot me an email at fill1477@gmail.com. Anyone else reading this post with a similar project feel free to shoot me an email as well, no use making the same mistakes! Your trailer is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I sent you an email. Sorry for the delayed response. :)

    ReplyDelete