Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6.5.13 Inspection, Licensing

6.5.13

After going to the DOL to get an inspection Trip Permit,  I went and had Lizzy weighed yesterday to prepare for tomorrow’s inspection.  I am a proud Mommy of a 1,680lb. baby girl.  Old documents that I have found said that when the 13’ Aloha Compacts were manufactured that they weighed 1,460lbs.  With the rebuild, pressure treated wood, extra steel supports, etc. she gained a little weight.

Today is the day, I take her in for inspection to the Washington State Patrol.  I bought the trailer with only a bill of sale, and no title.  I looked up what was needed in the State of Washington to do this before I took her home.  Requirements were a bill of sale, weight slip, receipts of major components to build the trailer and a VIN number.  We looked everywhere and the rust  had just overtaken the frame of the trailer – no VIN # to be found.  I had to call and make an appointment for this inspection and the day has finally come.  Showed up to the State Patrol, he did an inspection and looked for a VIN # as well.  When was not found he issued one to me, he drilled a couple of small holes, attached the plate, and gave me an inspection certificate to take to the DOL to get her licensed.  A few $$ later at the DOL I had a license plate.  She’s official!

2 comments:

  1. Howdy from SE Washington! I'm so glad you blogged about this! We just found a 1955/56 Aloha last night that needs some love, I'll be coming back here frequently!
    Aloha! :)
    Jaimi S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimi,

    So glad to hear it! You will be hooked in no time. Drop me a line anytime.

    I just started a Facebook page "Vintage Aloha Trailers" please feel free to join and see all the other Aloha lovers we have found.

    ~Rene'

    ReplyDelete