Friday, May 31, 2013

5.30.13 Propane, Wheels and Tires


5.30.13

Propane, Wheels and Tires!  Although I am not cooking in my trailer I will be powered by propane for cooking on my BBQ and fueling my portable Fire Pit when allowed.  I have such limited space in my little Lizzy that I figure I will haul the tanks on the tongue of the trailer.  I found the tanks at Costco for a great price and they come with a gauge as well to tell me when I’m low.  I spray painted the tanks to match the rest in my smoke blue color and painted the tank tray in the cream color.

Wheels and tires has been my biggest challenge (if you can image that).  The wheels are a 15 X 6 wheel with a bolt pattern of 5 on 5.5 – which was the tricky part to find.  I finally found an affordable wheel at summitracing.com  They were easy to deal with and shipped that same day.  I also ordered the baby moon hubcabs.  J  I painted the wheels the same accent color in the trailer.  You can see in the pictures why I needed new wheels.  One of the wheels was salvageable enough to keep for a spare. 
 
 
I ordered tires from a local discount tire store had them mounted and now she has her new shoes and for the first time in 9 months she’s rolling again! Oh happy day!


 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: