Monday, September 3, 2012

8.24.12 The Purchase



8/24/12  It was love at first sight when I found this Craigslist.  Several phone calls later and hour drive I knew it was what I wanted.  It was VERY rough, needed a bath, tons of rot and mold on the inside, but I knew she would clean up well.  With a light bar attached to the back and a ton of rope to keep it together I was off and down the freeway.  Here is some pictures of the inside before taking it apart....






Sleeping area, rear, not attached at all!
Kitchen, original ice box
 
Original red vinal seats, and  you can feel every spring when you sit on it

5 comments:

  1. Wow, mine wasn't this rough when I started. Looks like a huge job, good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have the original dinette seats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there John rouse for portland oregon, I also have a 55 aloha would love too see the seats you have. Would it be possible to get some pics of the seats can give you my email address too send them too. Or you can reach me by my cell it's 9714045293 I'm home around 4.00 p.m everyday feel free to call if you want. Would love too have some original seats too put back in her. I looked at your restoration she looks awesome you did a superb job rally like the interior. I've been collecting parts for my restoration hope too have mine done next yr, it's all about money and time maybe some day we can meet with our to alohas that would be cool. Hope too here from you soon

      Delete