Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9.11.12 Trailer, wall framing

9.11.12

The last few days were spent time finishing up the details of the trailer and securing it to the chassis.  We added 1 more support down the middle (original only had 1).
 


 
 
 
 
 
We then began to start framing the 1st wall.  We used the tin from the kitchen side of the trailer as a template.  Placed the tin on plywood, traced in onto the plywood below, being sure to mark the window, and the holes in the tin that will be reused to attach the skin to the studs.  Got the 1st wall built!  Beefed up the studs around the windows and where the upper kitchen cabinet will be attached as well.

3 comments:

  1. Much braver than I am! I've known about some rot towards the back right corner in my little Shasta for years,the only way to fix it is to remove the skin and I'm afraid of what I'm going to find if I take it apart! LOVE. THIS. BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say just go for it. This whole process has just been "winging it" and you'll figure it out as you go. Just be careful when you remove the skin and treat it like gold. I had a ton of "glue" which we removed with an "orange stripper". Have fun, and take lots of pictures to reference for when you forget how it came apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an old Aloha I think 65' or so. You are much braver than I! The floor at the door is squishy so thought about replacing that and redoing the cabinets and upholstery but you went all the way!

    ReplyDelete