Thursday, September 20, 2012

9.19.12 Inner walls


9.19.12

Started to cut the inside paneling to hang.  We decided to keep the back open so that we could access the inside of the trailer a lot easier (rather than fitting thru the doorway) to hang the cabinets, put in the kitchen, closet etc. 
 
 


I did a couple of different tests on the paneling to decide if I wanted to Polyurethane it or paint it.  The trailer is so small I didn’t want it to feel even smaller by making it feel dark inside.  By far the Polyurethane won hands down, it makes my $11 a sheet paneling look like real wood.  I followed the instructions on the Polyurethane and sanded the inside, put up a coat, let it dry, sand again then apply a second coat.  It looks great!  It’s really starting to take shape.  I decided that I would paint the cabinets to keep it feeling bright, and since I am reusing the wood frames for the cabinets I felt I needed to prime and paint the wood since some of it showed signs of mold and I don't want it smelling musty or being an unhealthy environment....you can only sand it down so much!

Polyurethane on and it looks great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment