Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4.22.13 Paint

4.22.13
Paint, paint, paint. I have polled friends, family and the majority was to keep it shiny. However, I really like the painted look too…..so I compromised. I had to buy new tin for the back that came primed already so I decided to paint the back in the accent colors with rattle cans. I am still deciding if I will continue color down the sides or not, but for now the goal is to get her rolling! I can do all that later. 
 
 
 
I also love the names that are painted on these trailers.  Since I am doing this on a budget I found a website that you can custom order stencils at madstencilist.com.  You can order any custom lettering you’d like and its very affordable, and comes with detailed instructions.  I decided that I would put her name on the front in the accent colors as well.  I cut a template out of full sheet labels for the computer, primed the area, sprayed the accent color, let it dry, added the stencil and sprayed that in the other color, removed it all and done!  I also did all of this with rattle cans too. 
 
In between coats of paint drying I attached the diamond plateing I had purchased.  There was a pretty good hole in the original tin and several rock marks, etc.  I liked the look and the function of this too!










No comments:

Post a Comment